The purpose of the Youth Advisory Committee is to provide a platform for youth throughout the Cassowary Coast to communicate with Council on current and emergent themes impacting youth in the region. To showcase the bold ideas youth have in creating a region they want to live, work and stay in. The committee focuses on meaningful youth participation and will work collaboratively to ensure the views and opinions of youth are heard.
- To be an advisory committee to Council on issues that are important to youth across the Cassowary Coast
- To provide insight about youth involvement and representation in Council’s planning and decision making
- To assist and advise on Council’s engagement and consultation approach with youth
- To capture the brave and bold ideas of the region’s future from those who may lead it.
- To ensure the voice of youth in Cassowary Coast are put forward, represented and considered.
Membership will be appointed by the Council in accordance with the Terms of Reference.
Representation across the region is vital and membership positions will be offered via Major Township and surrounds;
- Innisfail and Surrounds - 3
- Tully and Surrounds - 3
- Mission Beach and Surrounds - 3
- Cardwell and Surrounds - 3
- Reside in the Cassowary Coast
- Aged between 15 to 24 years
- Members over 18 years will be required to obtain a current Working with Children – Blue Card, a process which will be supported by Council
- Under 18yrs have parental permission to attend and participate
- A desire to be involved and contribute to their local community
The appointment of members will be through an expression of interest process.
The committee will meet bi-monthly at dates and times determined by the committee as an approved meeting schedule. The committee will be provided the opportunity to present Executive Management and a Local Government Meetings by invitation.