About the Project
The Mission Beach Town Centre Revitalisation Project, will create a vibrant town centre, breathing life back into the Mission Beach and surrounds for the enjoyment of our community and visitors. The revitalisation will bring more tourism to the region and encourage further development from investors.
The project is being delivered in two stages:
Stage 1: Mission Beach Carpark - Complete
Stage 2: Upgrade to Village Green and along Porter Promenade, including Donkin Lane and Campbell Street
Concept Design Fly Through
Community and Stakeholder Reference Group
Council has appointed a Community and Stakeholder Reference Group (CSRG), following an open Expression of Interest process, with representatives from key stakeholder groups including business traders and operators, property owners and residents, Traditional Owners, community groups and the wider community.
The CSRG will provide a representative voice to Council throughout the design and construction phases of the project.
Community and Stakeholder Reference Group members:
- Jules Conlan, Owner Plenty Bar & Restaurant
- Susie England, Director Tropical Property Real Estate
- James Teague, Owner Pirate Den Bar & Grill
- Chris May, Owner Mission Beach Workx
- Nancy Lowe, Chair Tropical Coast / Cassowary Coast Tourism
- Ron Sirolli, Mission Beach Community Association Committee Member
- Neil Clarke, President Mission Beach Arts
- Peter Rowles, President, Community for Coastal and Cassowary Conservation
- Representative from Djiru Warrangburra Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC
- Liz Gallie, Mission Beach Cassowaries
- Hal McElroy, Community Representative